Travel Advisory by Malaysia Airports Following The Implementation Of Conditional Movement Control Order
SEPANG – Malaysia Airports has stepped up its standard operating procedures even more by implementing additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of passengers as domestic air travel resumes. Among the new measures include making the use of face mask compulsory when entering the terminal building. The airport operator will also be facilitating the Ministry of Health in carrying out the rapid tests at KL International Airport (IATA Code: KUL).
With the re-opening of some domestic flight routes, we will be expecting some increase of passengers in the coming weeks. We would like to remind passengers to adhere to the following list of safety measures that have been enforced at all our airports:
1. It is compulsory to wear a facemask at the airport. Your face mask must be worn before you enter the terminal building. You will not be permitted to enter the terminal without a face mask. At KUL, we have enforced limited entry and exit points where our Aviation Security team will screen passengers on the use of the face mask as well as their body temperature. Here are the locations of the check points:
a) KLIA Main Terminal
- Door 2 & 3, Level 1, Main Terminal Building
- ERL entry from the north entrance, Level 1, Main Terminal Building
- Link-Bridge, Level 2, Block B & C, Short Term Car Park
- Door 2 & 5, Level 3, Main Terminal Building
- Door 2 & 3 and Door 5 & 6, Level 5, Main Terminal Building
b) klia2 Terminal
- Main entrance and exit point, Departure and Arrival Level
c) gateway@klia2 shopping mall (Screening will be manned by the shopping mall’s security team)
- Door 2, Level 1
- Entrance from Tune Hotel Link Bridge, Level 1M
- Door 2 / Car Park A Lift Lobby/ Car Park B Lift Lobby, Level 2
- Door 2, Level 3
If you do not have a face mask, you may purchase it from the temporary pharmacy kiosks located at Level 5, Main Terminal Building between Door 4 and 5 at the kerbside and at the link bridges of Block B and C on Level 2 of the Short Term Car Park in KLIA Main. As for the klia2 terminal, please purchase the mask at any of the pharmacies at gateway@klia2 shopping mall.
2. Only passengers with a valid flight ticket or boarding pass will be allowed to enter the terminal. All meeters and greeters will not be allowed into the terminal. For klia2 terminal, meeters and greeters are only allowed access up to gateway@klia2 shopping mall.
3. All departing passengers will have to go through temperature screening before being allowed to enter the terminal building. Passengers with a body temperature of more than 37.5oC will not be allowed to continue their journey.
4. Please maintain a 1-meter gap wherever you are in the terminal. Please also observe the social distancing markers that have been placed at common facilities including the travellator, escalator, lift and at the seating area.
5. Please make use of our clean washrooms to wash your hands as many times as possible before and after your flight. We have also placed sanitisers throughout the terminal for your convenience.
6. Kindly refer to your airline for further guidelines on safety measures when on board your flight.
7. We advise all departing passengers to arrive at least 3 hours before their flight to avoid any inconveniences in light of the implementation of the additional procedures.
Passengers can be assured that our airports have been disinfected and sanitisation activities have been consistently carried out since the onset of the Covid-19 outbreak. Just last week, KUL underwent a full disinfection exercise by the local Fire and Rescue Department for both its terminals.
We would like to remind passengers once again to adjust to the new normal of travelling and to strictly adhere to all the procedures. Let us curb the spread of the virus by being vigilant and responsible together.